Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rasam Powder

Rasam is one of the important items for me and my husband. Sometimes, just rice with hot rasam and a papad is more than enough. Some of you may be making fresh rasam powder as you cook rasam. For me, my mother's rasam powder is a must have at all times. Not sure how different the recipe from others, but this works for me perfectly. Of all the things my mother made before going back to India, this is one of them. Gosh... now even the rasam powder makes me miss her :-(

Ingredients:

1. 1 cup Coriander seeds
2. 1/4 cup Cumin seeds
3. 1/4 cup Pepper corns
4. 1/2 cup Red chillies
5. 2 tbsp Toor dal
6. 1 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)


Method:

1. Dry roast all the ingredients separately except hing
2. Grind them all together in a coffee grinder/mixie smoothly
3. Sift it to remote any large chunks left from coriander or redchilli tops
4. Repeat the sifting and grind until you get a good smooth power (need not be very smooth like flour, somewhat course like fine rava is ok)

Rasam powder



No comments:

Post a Comment